Activities in the Area
The surrounding area offers a wealth of outdoor pursuits - here are just some:
- There are wonderful walks around the gardens and woodlands with a fine example of a Victorian Summer House perched high on a crag overlooking the gardens and house.
- Cycling and mountain biking, the fun of which is finding your own route
- 5 bikes available (4 mountain and 1 road bike) at Scatwell
- Deerstalking, grouse and duck shooting can all be rented from nearby estates
- Fishing can be arranged on the River Conon, or rent a boat on Loch Achilty for brownies and Blue Orrins
- Clay pigeon shooting at Tollie on Brahan Estate – 15 minutes away
- Golfing on local courses at Muir of Ord and Strathpeffer or a little further afield at the renowned Royal Dornoch or championship courses at Nairn Dunbar and Nairn Golf Club (home of the Curtis Cup 2012) and Castle Stuart at Ardersier which hosted the Open 2011
- Bird watching - either in the grounds where you can see anything from house martins to soaring eagles or 15 minutes away at Tollie where there is a Red Kite Sanctuary
- Scatwell even has it's own partridge family, so don't be surprised to find them pecking at the window several times a day looking for bread - they prefer white!
- Sailing on the Moray Firth
- Skiing at Aviemore
- Being situated where it is there are limitless opportunities for walking, hill walking and treking.
- Childrens' activities at the Aquadome in Inverness or Landmark at Carrbridge